Acceptance of Policy
By accessing or using the Services, you do hereby warrant and represent that you have read, understand and agree to all terms and conditions stated herein, and our Terms of Service, currently available at http://www.nativeenglish.eu (see “Terms of Service”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation (the Legislation), the data controller is Native English, www.nativeenglish.eu.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, contacting us by email, skype or phone, subscribing to our newsletter or becoming one of our clients/students. This includes information you provide when you contact us, subscribe to a newsletter or use any of our products or services.
The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your PayPal email address;
- your level of education/qualifications
- Your country and area of residence
- Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services; or
- it is in ours or a third party’s legitimate interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process Personal Data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We use your information solely for our own purposes and do not sell or share your personal information with others or third parties.
We will share your information when required to do so to parties whom we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, such as law enforcement and tax authorities or other agencies in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Native English and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have requested our newsletter we would like to send you information by email about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you have consented to receiving marketing from us you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are processed by PayPal using their encrypted SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology). Native English accepts no responsibility or liability for PayPal’s processes or services. Please refer to PayPal’s terms of service and Privacy statement.
Our hosting provider is a professional organisation offering high standards of service and quality which helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Communication, lessons and coaching is conducted via Skype and Native English has no responsibility or liability for Skype’s processes or services. Please refer to Skype’s terms of service and Privacy statement. Feedback and information will be provided in the chat section of Skype during our lessons/coaching and this information will be transferred during lessons. This information is personal to you, it is stored on your Skype system and Native English cannot accept any responsibility for it safety and security.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Where we store your personal data
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or to restrict our processing of your personal data (including for marketing purposes). You can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to ask us to correct any mistakes or inaccuracies in your information which we hold at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You can make your request here firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received your request and verified your identity we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site. The cookies we use on our site include:
- Google Analytics
We use this this service to improve your experience across the site
- The service:
- This service runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
- The data Google Analytics stores about you:
- Non-identifiable data such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our site, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact email@example.com. We will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country (the Information Commissioner in the UK).
Thank you for visiting our site.